Skip navigation
3028 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2012 7:02 AM by Chalky_White RSS
Chalky_White Level 1 36 posts since
Jul 27, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 6, 2012 1:01 AM

"Not Processed" after 42 hours

Hi, reviewing scans run over the weekend, i notice 8 scans with status "not processed", which means i cannot report on them accurately as of now.

Would it be normal to expect to have to wait nearly two days for Qualys to catch up with scan data?

The earliest scan i'm waiting for was over a total of 12 class C networks.

Thanks, Tony

• Patric Fox Level 2 93 posts since
    Jul 27, 2010
    Feb 6, 2012 5:22 PM (in response to Chalky_White)

Because of the account encryption it's not possible to normalize/process the scan data until a user is logged into the account.  At the time the user logs in, the account data is decrypted and any scans that completed since the last time a user was logged in will be processed.

Its important to note that a lot of customer's run their scans over the weekend and everyone logs in first thing monday morning, so there may be a slight delay in the scan processing as the system catches up from the weekends scanning activities. 

If you were so inclined you could use the API to trigger a login during the early hours monday morning (after the scan has completed) so that the data will begin processing and "should" be ready by the time the workday starts.

• Patric Fox Level 2 93 posts since
        Jul 27, 2010
        Feb 7, 2012 9:31 AM (in response to Chalky_White)

The scan data is descrypted and processed whenever any user logs in so any type of user would work (scanner, reader, auditor, unit manager, etc).

This is the same reason we do not currently have scheduled reporting.  Unless a user is actively logged in, all scan data remains unavailable to us.

Its important to note though that we are working actively on the report scheduling feature, so it should be available later this year.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 6 points