AnsweredAssumed Answered

EC2 host_metadata

Question asked by a174881 on Jun 20, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 5, 2019 by Busby

I am attempting to export a list of EC2 hosts with their EC2 metadata. When using the following call, I'm getting the error message below that indicates host_metadata is not a valid parameter of action=list. This is a private cloud deployment of Qualys and I do see EC2 information when viewing a host in AssetView or VM. What do I need to check or update to get this to work?

Call:

curl -u "USER:PASS" -H "X-Requested-With:curl" -X POST "https://qualysapi.SERVER/api/2.0/fo/asset/host/vm/detection/?action=list&output_format=XML&truncation_limit=0&ips=10.10.10.10&host_metadata=ec2"

Error:

<SIMPLE_RETURN>
  <RESPONSE>
    <DATETIME>2019-06-20T22:19:44Z</DATETIME>
    <CODE>1901</CODE>
    <TEXT>Unrecognized parameter(s): host_metadata (action=list allows: echo_request, ips, ids, id_min, id_max, ag_ids, ag_titles, os_pattern, truncation_limit, network_ids, show_tags, show_results, use_tags, no_vm_scan_since, vm_scan_since, vm_processed_after, vm_processed_before, vm_scan_date_before, vm_scan_date_after, vm_auth_scan_date_before, vm_auth_scan_date_after, compliance_enabled, include_ignored, include_disabled, show_host_services, qids, show_igs, show_reopened_info, severities, include_search_list_titles, exclude_search_list_titles, include_search_list_ids, exclude_search_list_ids, output_format, max_days_since_last_vm_scan, max_days_since_detection_updated, detection_last_tested_since_days, detection_last_tested_before_days, status, active_kernels_only, arf_kernel_filter, arf_service_filter, arf_config_filter, suppress_duplicated_data_from_csv, detection_updated_since, detection_updated_before, detection_processed_after, detection_processed_before, detection_last_tested_since, detection_last_tested_before)</TEXT>
  </RESPONSE>
</SIMPLE_RETURN>

Outcomes