AnsweredAssumed Answered

Setting a default scanner for an IP range

Question asked by Matthew Verive on Apr 12, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 15, 2019 by Matthew Verive

We've got several scanner appliances in our network, and due to network segmentation, not all scanners can reach all parts of the network. Is there any way I can use "Default" (or some other single selection) to automatically select the scanner appliances for a specific set of IPs?

For example, let's say I want to start a scan on the following internal IPs in a single scan: 10.2.3.4, 10.50.60.70, and 10.123.45.67-10.123.45.89. I have Scanners A, B, C, and E that can reach 10.2.0.0/16, Scanner B, D, and F that can reach 10.50.32.0/19, and Scanners C, G, and H that can reach 10.123.45.0/24. Is there anywhere that I can define these ranges so that I can accomplish what I want?

The closest thing I could see is to create asset groups for each, define the scanners in there, and then scan based on asset groups, but as I would often come into situations like the scenario mentioned, this would be tedious. I already have Asset Groups set up for the aforementioned CIDR ranges with appliances assigned, but it doesn't seem Qualys can do a lookup for the IP, find its Asset Group, and scan based on those scanners.

Outcomes