AnsweredAssumed Answered

Preparing an Oracle 12c RDS database for a Qualys Scan

Question asked by stuart king on Oct 23, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 2, 2018 by Qsingh

What Oracle Views are required to be created on the target databases for Qualys to run it's scans?

In particular I am interested in the specific DDL for those Views for an AWS Oracle RDS database (12c).

I need to create a Qualys Account, Qualys Role and grant that Role various privileges to allow Qualys to run it's scans (SELECTS on various tables), as well as SELECTS on Views.

The documentation I have looks old (scoured Google for it) and the DDL to create the Views is not working, partly due to permissions on SYS objects I suspect by the errors.

I managed to GRANT the SELECT on some SYS objects by using this method (for RDS databases):

SQL> call rdsadmin.rdsadmin_util.grant_sys_object('DBA_USERS_WITH_DEFPWD','QUALYS_ROLE', 'SELECT');

However, the documentation asks for these Views to be pre-created and I am unsure whether these Views are still relevant for Oracle 12c RDS or not?

By the way, the documentation attached suggested the Views were created from a SELECT on the SYS tables (SYS.X$KSPPCV and SYS.X$KSPPI respectively), but on closer inspection these sub tables did not exist in my 12c RDS databases.

I found these related tables instead (STATS$X_$KSPPSV and STATS$X_$KSPPI) which I plugged into the View DDL below, but still failed on a permission issue.

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW SYS.QUALYS$KSPPCV (ADDR,INDX,
INST_ID,KSPPSTVL,KSPPSTDF,KSPPSTVF,KSPPSTCMNT) AS
SELECT ADDR,INDX,INST_ID,KSPPSTVL,KSPPSTDF,
KSPPSTVF,KSPPSTCMNT
FROM STATS$X_$KSPPSV;

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW SYS.QUALYS$KSPPI AS
SELECT ADDR,INDX,INST_ID,KSPPINM,KSPPITY,KSPPDESC,KSPPIFLG
FROM STATS$X_$KSPPI;

Can anyone please advise:

• whether these Views are required for 12c RDS?
  • whether there are new views for 12c RDS?
  • how to create the Views is so?

Kind Regards

Stuart

Outcomes