AnsweredAssumed Answered

Continuous Scanning - Cloud Agent vs. Appliance

Question asked by Scott Dentler on May 25, 2018
Latest reply on May 28, 2018 by Tom Noorman

I have two test systems that are running the Qualys Cloud Agent (CA).  It is set with a Configuration Profile with Normal performance and the VM module.  I would like to test the target system resources with "Continuous Scanning" configured as described here: How to configure continuous scanning 

This configuration process explains how to "schedule" scans and assigning an appliance to perform this scan, with the option to "Relaunch Scan on Finish."  There is also an option to select "Scan agent hosts in my target" that is not mentioned in the article.

It seems the most frequent CA "PC Scan Interval" I can set is every 240 min within the CA Configuration Profile.

Is Continuous Scanning only performed by using the Scanner Appliances and cannot be performed with the CA?

If that is the case, it would seem that using "Scanner Appliances with Authenticated Scans" would produce better/actual real-time results (and Alerting) than using the CA.  

If that's the case, why wouldn't I just stop meeting with system admins, and convincing them to upgrade our Qualys solution of installing CA's, and continue with using our authenticated scans with the Scanner Appliances?

What is the benefit of running both the CA every 4 hours in addition to scanner appliance continuous scanning?

Much more documentation is needed around this... or else I just can't find it.

Thank you for your help!

Outcomes