AnsweredAssumed Answered

Authentication record for application in different language

Question asked by Suraj M on May 8, 2018
Latest reply on May 11, 2018 by Shyam Raj

We have an application which is in French. The login screen has the fields in French i.e, "S'identifier" (for Username) and "Mot de passe" (for password). While creating the authentication record, if i select as

e.g: S'identifier : abc@gmail.com
      Mot de Passe : abc@123

1. Standard login:
and enter the fields username as abc@gmail.com and password as abc@123 and run the scan for the application by selecting this authentication record. In the report the authentication status is shown as Failed/Not Used.

2. Custom Login:
and enter the fields 'Name' = 'S'dentifier' and 'Value' = 'abc@gmail.com'
add another field
and enter the fields 'Name' = 'Mot de Passe' and 'Value' = 'abc@123'

Save the authenticion record and use the same which running the scan. In the report the authentication status is shown as Failed/Not Used.

Please suggest me what should is use in this case when the general username and password fields are in a different language?

1. Should i do a inspect element and identify the id's of these fields and enter the id?
e.g., if the id for username (S'identifier) is given as 'Login id' by the developer in the html, then i select the 'Custom login' field and enter the 'Name' field as 'Login Id' and the value as 'abc@gmail.com' ? same with password as well?

Outcomes