AnsweredAssumed Answered

Tagging assets based on scan ran & general question

Question asked by Jack P on Apr 3, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 16, 2018 by Shyam Raj

Hello,

I am dealing with a huge amount of assets on the daily, and I figured asset tagging might be the best choice for me to do some housekeeping work. Here are some items that I am wondering if they would be possible with the help of dynamic tags:

1. I run discovery scans and vulnerability scans throughout my environment. With that being said, I was wondering if it'd be possible to have a host be tagged with "Discovered" when the discovery scan is ran against it, and "Assessed" when a vulnerability scan is ran against it. My discovery scans are just custom light scans that run to find new hosts alive (these tend to run on a schedule) while vulnerability scans may be launched at different times (not always allowing for asset search filters such as "scanned within the past 24 hours"). Essentially they are just 2 different option profiles.

2. When dealing with large amount of IPs, you sometimes might run into overlaps. I was wondering if anybody has a solution (or perhaps a report that you can run) to find hosts that might be tagged under two separate Business Units which would indicate such overlap. For instance: Host 1 - BU: Dallas BU: Chicago, Host 2 - BU: Chicago. I deal with more than just 2 BUs so running a search/report for just BU: Dallas and BU: Chicago isn't sufficient.

Hope you guys can point me in the right direction with these.

Thanks

Outcomes