What difference does cloud Agents bring from a traditional external scanner (Cloud based).
Do we need to bundle CA with VM and CM modules?
Manoj, Cloud Agent brings in advantages such:
- More frequent visibility compared to scanning with an appliance
- Easier credential management for authenticated scanning
Cloud Agent works well for:
- assets that frequently change IPs (like via DHCP)
- assets that are remote, roaming or off the network
- offices or locations where it is not feasible/practical to deploy a scanner
- assets that are not always powered on and may not be available during a scheduled scan window
- assets in cloud environments (such as AWS, Azure, GCP) which are highly dynamic
Cloud agent is not intended to replace a scanner appliance, it can only be installed on endpoints - servers, workstations, and laptops. For scanning other IT assets such as network devices, printers, scanners, IP cameras etc. you'd still require a scanner appliance. For 100% coverage, cloud agents should be used in conjunction with scanner appliances.
These resources will help you get started:
Qualys Cloud Agent Introduction | Qualys, Inc.
Qualys Cloud Agent Getting Started Guide
The data from Cloud Agent can be used to send real-time alerts using Continuous Monitoring. These could be alerts about vulnerabilities, expiring SSL certificates, unexpected hosts and software, open ports, and remediation tickets.
More info: Qualys Continuous Monitoring
If you have a specific requirement, let us know, we can help you.
Retrieving data ...