Please add any support issues you have for the EU1 platform.
We currently have an ongoing issue which means we are not recieving vulnerability information for RHEL 6.9, it has been identified that it is being flagged (incorrectly) as EUS (Extended Update Support), this is apparantly filtering QID;s that are detected on the host.
This has been happening since sometime last October, we have around 150 RHEL 6 servers in our estate.
We have a number of issues:
1. (312935) Widget Trend data being lost
2. (335302) Static tags created show one count in AV, for example, 30 assets, yet show 1 asset in the automated report run against that tag.
3. (Logged with the above) AV Module shows over 1800 assets, while a search for "All" in VM shows 1200 (Figures vary slightly but still a huge discrepancy)
4. (349792) New tag created to ID some software. Tag summary in AV showed 1100 assets but when selecting "Find Assets" it shows 820 (Or there abouts)
5. TP shows an asset has a particular vulnerability yet AV Search showed nothing (vulnerabilities.vulnerability.qid: nnnnnn)
6. (349737) Performance issues - 349737
Most of our issues appear to centre around communication between the modules. I would be happy to accept some latency between them but not when that latency appears to be days. A couple of hours is acceptable.
Got another big one for us:
348646 - Java update
Oracle Java SE Critical Patch Update is installed on assets but Cloud Agent is stating it's not
Hi Chris, presumably the hosts have been rebooted after patching the Java update, if its a windows host there is a QID to check if a reboot is flagged as required..
We dont use cloud agents as most of our hosts are in a protected segment with no direct internet access however any issues we have had so far like this have been resolved via the end user/administrator rebooting the host.
Indeed we do reboot. These are end user devices and reboots are enforced after a certain time window. We also have access to test machines which have been rebooted as well. I do sometimes wonder if multiple reboots are sometimes required....... I'm take it up with our team and see what they think.
By the way
#2. (335302) Sounds like our #4 (288721) : Error with Tag searches
Each time we used asset view to create a report from a tag it would only show 1 asset out of the actual list of hundreds of assets, this was identified as triggering when invoking the report generation from a certain form UI, in some UI instances the same functionality would generate a full report correctly.
Yes, this does sound very similar. My concern is that we use the tags as a source for automated reports, aiming for certain requirements to be almost zero touch but I have now had to create Asset Groups and run the reports against the group instead of the tag. I also find other discrepancies with tags. Hopefully these issues will be resolved sometime soon.
This has to be the same issue, we also had to make asset group tags (since these worked) to run our reports, scheduled scans (options profile) and our ticketing and remediation, all of these had issues enumerating tags properly.
Eventually they did some backend work that fixed it however it too some time to triage and investigate... maybe you should call your support engineer and ask them to take a look a case number 288721..
I find the best way to get things actioned is to keep calling support lines, as much as you can with as much information as you can.. keep nipping at their heels and you should get somewhere.
Thanks Dan. It does indeed sound the same. I'll add this information to our support case.
Again, thanks for the info
Retrieving data ...