AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to ignore QIDs in bulk for a specific device?

Question asked by ds0101 on Dec 20, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 21, 2017 by DMFezzaReed

What is the easiest way to ignore QID's for a specific host or more than 1 host? 

I have two scenarios that I'm dealing with.

1. Device1 has 3 QIDs (Patches cannot be installed) and need to be ignored in order for some installed software to still function.

2. Device2 has 5 QIDs (Patches cannot be installed) and need to be ignored in order for some installed software to still function.

Device2 has two unique vulnerabilities and the other 3 are the exact same QIDs as Device1.

I have about 10 devices that fall within this scenarios. 

What is the best practical approach to this? I do not want to ignore the QIDs across the environment, I want only to ignore them across these 10 hosts. In addition, no remediation tickets should be created by this and the existing ones will need to be closed.

Currently, I'm ignoring them per host one by one so it's time consuming. So I need a faster and easier way.

Any advice?

Also, not sure if this is a bug or not but when I ignore a vulnerability from the "Host information" tab  then "Vulnerabilities" tab every time I ignore one, I am taken back to the "General Host Information" tab and then have to click back to the "Vulnerabilities" tab and start over. Shouldn't I be taken to the "Vulnerabilities" tab instead?

I appreciate the feedback!

Thanks!

Outcomes