AnsweredAssumed Answered

SSL Server Allows Anonymous Authentication Vulnerability - QID: 38142

Question asked by fmkonopatski on Oct 1, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 7, 2015 by Jacob Luebbers

Good afternoon!

I am having a little issue with a vulnerability found during a Qualys scan.  It is for SSL Server Allows Anonymous Authentication Vulnerability - QID: 38142 and the Qualys scanner found the below weak ciphers on a registered port:

TLSv1 SUPPORTS CIPHERS WITH NO AUTHENTICATION                                                                 

ADH-DES-CBC3-SHA          DH          None     SHA1     3DES(168)            MEDIUM

ADH-AES128-SHA               DH          None     SHA1     AES(128)              MEDIUM

ADH-AES256-SHA               DH          None     SHA1     AES(256)              HIGH

ADH-CAMELLIA128-SHA    DH          None     SHA1     Camellia(128)     MEDIUM

ADH-CAMELLIA256-SHA    DH          None     SHA1     Camellia(256)     HIGH

ADH-SEED-SHA                  DH          None     SHA1     SEED(128)        MEDIUM

It looks like these are all Anonymous Diffie Hellman.  The problem is that I cannot find these ciphers anywhere to disable.  The solution gave a bunch of Microsoft sites to assist, but I still can't locate where these ciphers are.  The vulnerability was discovered on Windows Server 2008 running IIS.  I can't install any tools on this server and all remediation needs to be performed locally so this will have to be a manual process.

I would appreciate any guidance or assistance you can provide!

Outcomes