AnsweredAssumed Answered

BrowserCheck plugin required? & outdated FAQ, incomplete/conflicting info

Question asked by wxb on Mar 17, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 18, 2015 by Robert Dell'Immagine

I'm having trouble determining whether BrowserCheck does or does not install browser plugin(s) and how that relates to different editions (i.e. personal vs. business etc.).  The Personal Edition page (www.qualys.com/free-tools-trials/browsercheck/personal/) states that there's "nothing to install or download". This page: (browsercheck.qualys.com) instructs the user to "Click the "Install Plugin" button to enable fast, safe scanning" and doesn't indicate which edition is being used. The BrowserCheck FAQ hasn't been updated since 2013 and is vague on the issue. The following FAQ questions touch on the issue but provide no definitive answer:

- Why do I need to install the BrowserCheck Plug-in to scan?

- Do I have to re-visit the site to scan again?

The FAQ appears to be out-of-date since it appears to indicate that automatic scans are only available with the Business Edition although I see that this feature has now been added to the Personal Edition.

This page: (www.qualys.com/free-tools-trials/browsercheck/) is of no more help and the "Launch" link for the Personal Edition on this page points back to the browsercheck.qualys.com page which seems to indicate that installing a plugin is required which directly conflicts with the "nothing to install or download" statement on the Personal Edition page.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Outcomes