AnsweredAssumed Answered

Qualys Authenticated scan not detecting that patches for vulnerabilities have been applied ?

Question asked by thierry d. on Mar 8, 2014

Hello everyone,

I've scanned a fresh Debian Squeeze box (authenticated scan) where nagios3 is installed and the qualys scan report shows a vulnerability 5 for  CVE-2012-6096

Looking at https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2012-6096, it says that the vulnerability has been fixed for squeeze and it is the nagios security package 3.2.1-2+squeeze1

The following shows the installed packages on the box and it shows i should have the patched version.

ii  nagios3                                                3.2.1-2+squeeze1             A host/service/network monitoring and management system

ii  nagios3-cgi                                            3.2.1-2+squeeze1             cgi files for nagios3

ii  nagios3-common                                         3.2.1-2+squeeze1             support files for nagios3

ii  nagios3-core                                           3.2.1-2+squeeze1             A host/service/network monitoring and management system core files

Should Qualys be able to detect that the security vulberability has been fixed ? I'm doing an authenticated scan so qualys has access to the debian dpkg and should be able to find out that the package has been patched.

Thanks in advance for any information you may have!

Thanks

Thierry.

Outcomes