AnsweredAssumed Answered

Scheduled Reports: Changing the Owner

Question asked by urbanindy on Jan 28, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 3, 2014 by djprakash

Hello,

I have a collection of scheduled reports that were created and owned by a user who has moved on to bigger and better things.  We kept her account enabled for a stretch while she transitioned and then after moving what I thought was everything over to other accounts, we disabled her account.

That's when a collection of our scheduled reports started to fail.

Evidently this is due to the fact that she is the owner.  My problem is that she doesn't show up as changeable anywhere in the GUI, nor can I figure out how to change the ownership.  The account shows as owner only in the general information "Scheduled Task Information" window.

I checked the v1 API and didn't see anything.  I'm not very familiar with the v2 API so I haven't done much/any checking into that yet.  I thought I'd put the question to the community.

So my questions are:

1. Are my scheduled reports failing because the owner has been disabled?

2. If so, can you change owners for a scheduled report or do I have to recreate them all?

3. How do others manage ownership of things in Qualys?  Do you create a "scheduled owner" account and assign that to own everything so when people quit you don't have to recreate 50 schedules?

Thanks for your help!

Outcomes