What is the difference between the two APIs? Why would I choose one over the other?
My understanding is that there is some overlap in functionality between the two versions. V2 provides suport for additional functions and has performance considerations and additional security mechanisms. We also recently release V3 which supports WAS 2 functions.
- Web Application: manage and edit web applications
- Scan: execute WAS scans
- Schedule: schedule WAS scans
- Report: report on WAS results
- Scan IP: provides improved functions for managing vulnerability scans
- Report Share: allows users to launch reports and download reports
- Assets: provides functions for viewing hosts and host detection records
- Scan Authentication: allows users to manage authentication records
- WAS Scan Results: allows users to download WAS 1.0 scan results
- Map: execute maps, obtain reports
- Scans: execute scans, obtain reports
- Schedules: schedule maps and scans
- Assets: manage assets, asset groups, asset search, tracking methods, etc.
- Remediation tickets: list, edit, delete
- Users: add, edit, deactivate
Retrieving data ...