AnsweredAssumed Answered

Auth Scan QID

Question asked by manishupasani on Apr 14, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 25, 2011 by qualyschris

Hello,

I am trying to play with auth scans and its validation with the user rights.

I have imported the search list as mentioned in QualysGuard KB to test for Authentication.

All the tests are successful except following two QID, the solution specified by Qualys is applicale for windows XP and I am using a W2k8 Box.

Windows Registry Key Access Denied

QID: 90195

SOLUTION:

See the permissions assigned to the provided user authentication credentials. On Windows XP Professional use Classic for local network logins

(default is Guest only, which prohibits Registry access). This may be set at Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local

Policies\Security Options

Windows File Access Denied

QID: 90399

SOLUTION:

See the permissions assigned to the provided user authentication credentials, and ensure that the credentials provide read access to the boot share.

On Windows XP Professional use Classic for local network logins (default is Guest only, which prohibits file access). Using the Group Policy editor,

this may be set at Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options.

I have still checkin my Windows 2008 box, it says that the Local Network Login is set to Classic only.

The domin user provided to Qualys is also added to local Administator Account, so it should not be an access or rights problem...

Not sure what is causing the issue.

Please help

-Manish

Outcomes