Skip navigation
4464 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 21, 2010 10:19 AM by Doug Dexter RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 1, 2010 9:01 PM

Security in the Cloud

With Cloud computing, we are now having more people using more mobile devices accessing more information in more different locations. The corporate network boundary is disappearing which renders the traditional "insider-outsider" security model useless. While the core concept of infosec remains the same (it's still Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability, Authenticity, and Accountability), the infosec solutions which we used in the past are insufficient in today's environment. We now need a genuine Cloud security solution that can address the infosec need in the Cloud.

Question: What is the number 1 security challenge/threat in the Cloud that you are most concerned about which traditional security solutions can't address?

• Doug Dexter Level 1 4 posts since
    Sep 10, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 21, 2010 10:19 AM (in response to Cypri Yu)
    Re: Security in the Cloud

I view the largest threat as the distribution of intellectual property throughout the cloud.  Instead of data residing in internal databases, this data will reside outside the corporation, and will quite possibly co-mingled with data from other corporations.  The secondary effect of this is the inability to audit a model where data is co-mingled.

As to solutions, I recommend a new whitepaper written by a member of my team who is a founding member of the Cloud Security Alliance.  The paper is located here - http://sharedassessments.org/media/pdf-EnterpriseCloud-SA.pdf

We'll see how it all goes...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 6 points