Skip navigation
2370 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2012 8:27 AM by Axel RSS
MemoryCorruption Level 1 41 posts since
Oct 10, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

May 16, 2012 8:59 AM

Discrepency in API v3 Responses

Hello,

I have noticed a strange issue in the API when trying to access historical data.  When I try to query the API for WAS 2.0 data after April 15 2012 I get the proper results (I am verifying my queries by using the portal).  However, when i try to run a query for any date range prior to April 15th, the response from the API does not match up with the results in the portal. 

Below is my XML request for scans finished from March 15th - March 30th.  MarchXML.png

Below is the API response from the above XML request.  As you can see, it shows that 1 scan has finished within the 15 day window which is not even close to correct.

IncorrectAPIResponse.png

Is there something wrong with my request? Can the new API v3 not access older data?

• Axel Level 3 149 posts since
    Jul 23, 2010
    May 21, 2012 1:50 AM (in response to MemoryCorruption)

Hi,

The API shall clearly be able to find any data that is available in your subscription.

We would therefore need to have a closer look to understand what could be the reason you do not see all your data.

Let me suggest you to open a case by sending an email to our support team. They will forward me your case and we will have a closer look.

Thanks.

• Axel Level 3 149 posts since
        Jul 23, 2010
        May 22, 2012 8:27 AM (in response to MemoryCorruption)

What would be interesting to see is if the scan search API does list or not scans you do not see when you do not apply any filters. This will give us some hints if the scans can be seen at all and where we need to investigate.

Sorry to hear that you have not yet received a reply from our Support. Please contact me directly on atessier AT qualys DOT com and I will work with you to address it right away.

Thanks.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 6 points