Skip navigation
1496 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: May 24, 2012 4:37 AM by Jason Creech RSS
wscholte Level 1 14 posts since
Apr 30, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

May 21, 2012 1:32 PM

Changing Report Graphs

I have had some requests from my managers to see if its possible to change the 3D graphs that are created with Qualys into 2D graphs.  They think it is hard to read the 3D graphs when printed and trying to explain to others.  Is there a way to change the graph type from 3D to just a 2D? I am talking about the trending graphs and the pie charts that are created with the  PC compliance reports.

• Jason Creech Level 3 124 posts since
    May 28, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 24, 2012 4:37 AM (in response to wscholte)
    Changing Report Graphs

Hello Will,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the graphs in the policy compliance reports or dashboards.  The images used are fixed but I will forward a feature request to allow users to have more options for different presentation graphics.

Some customers do use the API to feed the configuration and reporting data to other systems (Such as MSSQL Reporting Services or IT GRC solutions) when custom manipulation or the report formating is required. The advantage of using the API is you can automate the report generation view the integration of Qualys and another reporting platform.

Additionally, I have seen other PC customers use Excel macros on the CSV formatted exported reports as well.

I will forward your request to Product Management for review but want to let you know that the current images are not configurable.

You may not be aware that you can also copy the data that makes the charts to memory (clipboard), so you may be able to paste the data into a macro as well. This is a manual process but might be useful if you are trying to explain a topic in the report.

For example, open a policy report in the HTML view.

Pie Chart Graph.jpg

Right click on a graphic and choose, copy data to clip board

Pie Chart Copy Data Selection.jpg

You can paste the information into another application for custom reporting, here is the example of the text pasted to notepad

Pie Chart Data Paste.jpg

The trend graphs have the numeric data available as well

Trend Chart View.jpg

Provides this data

Trend Chart Data Paste.jpg

As mentioned, this is a manual process but may be useful if a nuance of the 3D graphics needs to be explained.

Best regards,

Jason Creech

Qualys

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 6 points