Skip navigation
2791 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2012 7:05 AM by Axel RSS
John Doe Level 1 5 posts since
Jun 29, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 26, 2012 5:46 AM

Get all the WAS scans

Hello,

I was looking for downloading all the scan performed on all my web application in order to generate stats of vulnerabilities and check automatically if a scan generated an error or not.

To do so, I first use https://qualysapi.qualys.com/qps/rest/3.0/search/was/wasscan to get the full list of all the performed scans and their id

Then with a loop on the previous result, I use https://qualysapi.qualys.com/qps/rest/3.0/download/was/wasscan/<id> where id is the scan reference.

I'm doing this in python and after some results (between 2 and 20), I've the following error which happen:

URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host>

Between dowloading and parsing information, it takes approximatively 10minutes per scan to get the result and the script fails after 2 or more request with the above error. There is around 1900 scans on my account so if the script could do everything without an error it will be perfect

My internet connection is quite stable and I can't explain why this error happen.

Do you have any idea on this error?

Do I use the good API functions?

Is it normal that it takes that much time for every scan?

Is it possible to disable the vulnerability details in this kind of scan report?

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

• nadouani Level 2 12 posts since
    Aug 3, 2010
    Apr 26, 2012 6:06 AM (in response to John Doe)
    Get all the WAS scans

Hi Brice,

The urls you are using are correct. The first returns the list of Web App Scans based on your the filters you provided in your API request. The second will return the XML content of a scan.

Could you please try downloading all the XML scan results and, once all the scans are downloaded, launch the parsing process on each of them. That way you could separate fetching the files from parsing them.

Thanks

Nabil

Aug 3, 2010
        Apr 26, 2012 7:33 AM (in response to John Doe)
        Get all the WAS scans

Hi,

In fact it will be too much to download.

Unfortunately, todayn the Scan download API doesn't provide options for now. We may consider this case as a feature to implement for the future releases.

Quick question: what's the size of one of those xml reports when you zip it?

Nabil

Aug 3, 2010
            Apr 26, 2012 8:33 AM (in response to John Doe)
            Get all the WAS scans

Yes Brice,

please open a feature request for that, and we will schedule it for un upcoming realease.

We could also consider the possibility to zip the content of the returned reports if the user requests it.

Thanks

Best regards

Nabil

• Axel Level 3 149 posts since
        Jul 23, 2010
        Apr 30, 2012 7:05 AM (in response to John Doe)
        Get all the WAS scans

Hi Brice,

130 Mb for an XML scan results looks definitely too big, even for an extremely vulnerable web application.

Brice, I'll contact you to investigate deeper the issue.

Otherwise, to answer your question "Is it possible to disable the vulnerability details in this kind of scan report?", that's an option we can indeed consider if you're just interested by the QIDs and main information like vulnerable URL and param.

Let me add this to our roadmap for the scan API.

Best regards,

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 6 points