Skip navigation
5960 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2010 9:06 AM by jfredrickson RSS
Chris Eddy Level 1 26 posts since
Jul 27, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 18, 2010 8:14 AM

percularity with Windows 2008

Hello all,

Thought I would throw this out there quick...I am currently investigating why I am not seeing any vulnerabilities when I do a scan of Windows 2008 servers.  The authenication record is successful, but it is not showing any vulnerabilities.

I do suspect a security setting somewhere, but currently I am unable to find that setting, and looking at the event logs does not seem to point me to anything particular.  The local firewall on the servers has been disabled.

Does anybody have any ideas?

thanks in advance...

chris

• Patric Fox Level 2 93 posts since
      Jul 27, 2010
      Aug 18, 2010 9:09 AM (in response to Chris Eddy)
      Re: percularity with Windows 2008

If you check the "Trusted Scanning for Windows" document there is a list of QID's you can run a report on that should give an idea of what is failing.

You can find the document in QualysGuard under Help -> Resources -> Tips and Techniques

• jfredrickson Level 1 7 posts since
    Jul 25, 2010
    Aug 19, 2010 9:06 AM (in response to Chris Eddy)
    Re: percularity with Windows 2008

Chris,

In addition to the document that pfox related to - I have run into similiar issues when you are trying to run authenticated scans on Windows 2008 when you're not using the built in administrator account.  UAC needs to be turned off for that account.  Once they are disabled, you can then go back and turn them on individually (odd, I know).

To turn off UAC:  Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Turn User Account Control (on or off)

To turn back the default UAC controls manually:  Administrative Tools -> Local Security Policy -> Local Policy -> Security Options

This is covered for Vista hosts on page 11 in the aforementioned document.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jon

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 6 points