Skip navigation
990 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2012 6:08 AM by knott@unc.edu RSS
knott@unc.edu Level 1 6 posts since
Aug 11, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 20, 2012 6:08 AM

Screen scraping in the Assets tab

I have a need to gather a list of certain Asset Group names and owners for some custom reports I generate mostly with data mostly pulled from the API(s).  One of the first steps is to gather the list of Asset Group names and owners from the user interface because this data is not available using the API(s).  I create this list by doing a search for groups that begin with a certain string then selecting the first entry and pulling the cursor below the bottom margin of the web page. In the old interface this would then scroll the display down and let me collect all of the entries in the list. I could then copy and paste this to a file and use "cut" and "sed" to select the data I need and save it to a .csv file. This file is then used to scope subsequent API searches to just those Asset Groups. The scrolling does not work in the new interface. If you move the cursor below the bottom margin it does not scroll and I am unable to screen scrape the data I need. Ideally I would love to see this data available via the API(s), but doing the screen scrape is pretty simple and doesn't take much time. But I can't do this in the new interface. It does not work. Any ideas for how to get at this data in the new interface?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 6 points