Best Practice Subscription Maintenance: Opt-In Vulnerability Management Asset Housekeeping Subscription Support Options

Document created by DMFezzaReed Employee on Aug 20, 2018Last modified by DMFezzaReed Employee on Aug 20, 2018
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Opt-In Vulnerability Management Asset Housekeeping Subscription Support Options

References: 

Qualys Cloud Suite 8.8 New Features [June 23, 2016]  

Qualys Cloud Suite 8.9 New Features [November 4, 2016]

Please indulge me and permit me to highlight two subscription features released in June and November 2016 respectively.  These features made my life as a vulnerability management administrator so much easier, and they can do the same for you too! 

• Opt-In Scan Option – Close Vulnerabilities on Dead Hosts – You can now quickly close vulnerabilities for hosts that have been removed from your environment if not found alive after a predefined number of scans. (This option must be enabled in your subscription)
  • Opt-In Scan Option – Purge Hosts when OS is Changed – For environments where systems that are regularly decommissioned or replaced, enabling this option will purge the older host information to reduce stale asset data or conflicting vulnerability data from being reported. (This option must be enabled in your subscription).

To have the above features enabled on your subscription, please contact your Technical Account Manager or Contact Support - Technical Assistance Inquiry Form | Qualys, Inc..

Customer Use within Subscription

• Enable Close Vulnerabilities on Dead Hosts: Option profile setting to close vulns/tickets when the host is not found alive after a set number of times. For example:  If you scan weekly, you may wish to set the value to 12 (weeks); or if you scan monthly. you may wish to set the value to 3 (months); to maintain vulnerability tickets for 90 days/3 months.  Beyond that time, the data is essentially stale, obsolete, and/or orphaned.

• Enable Purge old host data when OS is changed: Option profile setting to purge old host data when we detect a major change in host OS vendor.  For example:  Windows to Linux, Mac OSX to Windows, etc.

reporting_toolbox

Back to Dashboarding and Reporting 

Attachments

Outcomes