Planned for release to production on 29 June 2017.
- Detection of TLS 1.3 draft 18 (#352)
- SSL Pulse migrated to the SSL Labs web site
- Warn if SubjectAltName is missing (#486)
- Warn if certificate serial numbers are more than 20 bytes in length (#498)
- Support RFC 7919 (#446)
- Check revocation of DROWN certificates (#451)
- CNNIC root shouldn't be fully trusted (#488)
- Explain that simulations don't check trust (#494)
- Links to test.drownattack.com no longer valid (#492)
- News title ampersand double-encoded on the SSL Labs homepage (#491)
- cipher not marked as insecure (#487)
- Windows 10.14393.51 vs Logjam (#377)
Released to production 3 April 2017.
- Grading change: 3DES and other ciphers that use short block-sizes are now deprecated (blog post)
- Grading change: SHA1 is now deprecated (blog post)
- Ticketbleed (CVE-2016-9244) vulnerability detection #458
- Added support for static public key pinning (based on Chromium source code)
- Added detection of ALPN protocols
- Unexpected version number: 250 (#473)
- EV certificate OIDs not parsed correctly (#452)
- Better CAA documentation (#449)
- Certificate serial numbers not displayed in API (#453)
Released to production on 13 January 2017.
- Improved cipher suite testing. Results are now provided on per-protocol basis and also without SNI. The testing is also faster.
- Detection of CAA policies (#274)
- Detection of ECDHE server parameter reuse
- New test to determine all server-supported named curves and the order of preference (#391)
- API v3 extended to have simulations include negotiated DHE and ECDHE parameters (#403)
- SSL Client Test: added support for GREASE suites (#423)
- SSL Client Test: added support for TLS 1.3 suites (#427)
- Incorrect key exchange reported on some servers (#431)
Released to production on 19 November 2016.
- Now showing all certificates discovered during assessment. This includes RSA, ECDSA and non-SNI certificates.
- New mini SSL Labs site for Secure128: secure128.ssllabs.com
- Improved high-resolution report icons
- When an assessment stops because of certificate name mismatch, the list of suggested hostnames to try was empty.
- Intermediates reported as invoked when only the leaf is revoked (#408)
- Missing "Ignore mismatch" option in some cases (#412)
- HSTS false negative in some case (#416)
- No error messages for insecure ciphers (#419)
Released to production on 21 October 2016.
- New User Agents added: Firefox 49, Android 7, Chrome 53, Safari 10, Chrome 49/XP, and so on.
- Incorrect "contains anchor message for self-signed certificates (#324)
- SSL Labs not showing HSTS on www.google.com (#374)
- Warning required if not all trust paths are pinned (#375)
- Domains preloaded for pinning in Chrome show as preloaded for HSTS (#392)
- Error with chain of trust with multiple intermediates with same name (#332)
- Remove "viaform" parameter when report is cached (#395)
- Checking preloading with Tor doesn't work in production (#394)
- Discrepancy between the API and the website regarding the strength of 3DES ciphers (discussion thread)
- API hpkpPolicy object pins encoding issue (#400)
- API Simulation object should contain DHE and ECDHE information (#403)
Released to production on 1 September 2016.
- Google's experimental post-quantum suites correctly detected in the client test (#384)
- Intolerance information exposed in the API (#370)
- Added Content Security Policy headers
- Added a link to beekpr-ssllabs (#366)
Released to production on 21 July 2016.
- Detection of must-staple certificates (#347)
- Firefox 47 supports ChaCha20/Poly1305 cipher suites (#351)
- Added support for "new" Windows cipher suites (#358)
- Improved usage of HTTP security headers on SSL Labs web site itself