It's easy to install Qualys Cloud Agents in AWS. This lets you extend the reach of the Qualys Cloud Platform to your AWS infrastructure.
What do I need to know?
To install cloud agents you'll need to download the Cloud Agent RPM and get the associated ActivationID and CustomerID. Just log into the Qualys Cloud Platform, go to the Cloud Agent (CA) module, and follow the installation steps for Linux (.rpm) to get everything you need.
Steps to install Agents
1. Spin up an AMI instance.
2. Copy the Qualys Cloud Agent RPM onto the instance.
3. Install the Qualys Cloud Agent RPM using the following command:
> sudo rpm -ivh qualys-cloud-agent.x86_64.rpm
4. Stop Qualys Cloud Agent service:
> sudo service qualys-cloud-agent stop
5. Run the Qualys Cloud Agent configuration command:
> sudo /usr/local/qualys/cloud-agent/bin/qualys-cloud-agent.sh ActivationId=xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx CustomerId=xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx; sudo service qualys stop
Important: Use the ActivationID and CustomerID in the Agent installation instructions provided in the Cloud Agent UI at the time you downloaded the Cloud Agent RPM.
6. Stop the instance and create an image out of the instance. This completes the bake-in process.
When the instance is started it will activate the Cloud Agent which will provision itself and continue functioning as expected.
Looking for more help?
Check out our Cloud Agent Getting Started Guide