How to check scanner appliance status

Document created by Qualys Documentation Employee on Oct 25, 2012Last modified by Qualys Documentation Employee on Jul 15, 2014
Version 5Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Status indicators are displayed on the scanner appliances list to identify whether each appliance has connectivity to New Scanner Services at the SOC (Security Operations Center) and is ready to start processing new scans.

How do I know if New Scanner Services is enabled for my subscription?

New Scanner Services is a part of our global scanning infrastructure. Go to Help > Account Info > General Information to see whether your subscription has been configured (enabled) for New Scanner Services.

Tell me about the status indicators

Go to Scans > Appliances to see the scanner appliances list. Note the status indicator in the first column.

When New Scanner Services is Enabled, you'll see one of these indicators:

ico_connected.jpg means that the appliance is connected to New Scanner Services and is ready to process scans. You'll see ico_busy.jpg when the appliance is currently busy with a scan.

ico_notconnected.jpg means that the appliance is not connected to New Scanner Services and is not ready to process scans. We recommend you check to be sure the appliance has network access to the scanning servers at the SOC. Appliances installed in your network must be able to send probes to target hosts from these URLs and you may need to whitelist them. Go to Help > About to see the list of scanning server URLs. Please contact support if you need help troubleshooting this issue.

When New Scanner Services is Disabled, you'll see one of these indicators:

We are in the process of transitioning customers to use New Scanner Services. During the transition period, your subscription may not be configured to use New Scanner Services. If your account has not been configured yet, one of the following status indicators appears for appliances.

ico_appliance_ready.gif means that the appliance is ready for New Scanner Services. Once New Scanner Services is enabled for your subscription, this scanner appliance will be ready to process scans.

ico_appliance_notready.gif means that the appliance is not ready for New Scanner Services.

Attachments

Outcomes