A network map or scan that includes Cisco WAP devices lists them only as Cisco IOS xx.xx-xx.xx. What does this mean?
This is not a misidentification as the devices actually run IOS. To more accurately identify the devicea scan utilizing SNMP authentication with a common community string is required.
Configure SNMP authentication following these steps:
1. In QualysGuard VM or PC, navigate to Scans > Authentication.
2. Select New > SNMP Record and set up a Cisco SNMP authentication profile. Then click Save to save the record.
3. Navigate to Scans > Option Profiles.
4. Select New > Option Profile to create a new profile with the default values.
- Enter a title for the profile and click the Scan tab.
- In the Authentication section, check the box SNMP. Then click Save to save the profile.
5. Run another scan on the server with this profile.
Qualys Support KnowledgeBase