A new release of QualysGuard®, Version 6.23, will be available in production on Tuesday, December 13th 2011. This release is completely transparent to users and will require no scheduled downtime. The release will occur between 12 PM PST (20:00 GMT) and 6 PM PST (02:00 AM GMT next day).
QualysGuard 6.23 includes the following enhancements to VM, Policy Compliance, API and platform capabilities:
- Oracle SID or Service Name Authentication: QualysGuard 6.23 introduces the ability to identify Oracle instances by either SID or Service Name, allowing customers to easily perform authenticated scanning of Oracle instances.
- Remove IPs from Subscriptions: QualysGuard 6.23 allows users with Manager roles to remove IPs from their subscription without requiring interaction with Qualys Support, reducing the time and effort required to eliminate unneeded or invalid IPs from QualysGuard.
- Additional New Scanner Service Icon: QualysGuard 6.23 adds an additional icon for the status of connectivity to New Scanner Services at the Qualys SOC. The addition of a Not Used icon helps clarify when connectivity issues require immediate action, or can be safely disregarded.
QualysGuard Vulnerability Management Enhancements:
- Improved Report Trending Data: With QualysGuard 6.23, trending reports have been changed to provide more accurate remediation metrics. Reports will now include data for vulnerabilities that have been fixed in the timeframe specified in your scan report template, even if the detection occurred prior to that window.
QualysGuard Policy Compliance Enhancements:
- Create Policy using a Golden Image: With QualysGuard 6.23, you can now create a policy by selecting a host to act as a “Golden Image” for the new policy. During policy creation, the scan results of the "Golden Image" are used to set the expected values in your new policy.
- Policy Editor Improvements: QualysGuard 6.23 introduces several improvements to the Policy Editor including enhanced navigation using an outline, collapsible sections within the policy, and easier management of controls. The new policy editor also allows you to switch back to the classic policy editor.
- Deprecated Controls: To continually improve and simplify the technical controls used in Policy Compliance, QualysGuard 6.23 allows controls to be deprecated and replaced with new controls. Each deprecated control has one or more replacement controls. A new workflow is provided for replacing deprecated controls within your existing policies.
QualysGuard API Enhancements:
- Vendor and Product Added to KnowledgeBase V2 API: QualysGuard 6.23 enhances the KnowledgeBase API v2 (api/2.0/fo/knowledge_base/vuln/?action=list) to include the new elements <VENDOR> and <PRODUCT>.
- Deprecated Control Flag: With QualysGuard 6.23, the <DEPRECATED> flag has been added to the following DTD: Control List Output, Policy List Output, Posture Info Output.
- Support for Service Name in Oracle Records: In QualysGuard 6.23 the Oracle Authentication API (/api/2.0/fo/auth/oracle/) now supports the servicename input parameter, and XML output includes the <SERVICENAME> element.
- IPv6 Asset Management: QualysGuard 6.23 provides the new IPv6 Asset API (/api/2.0/fo/asset/ip/v4_v6) for Manager users to manage and scan IPv6 hosts using the API. Additionally, the Detection API (/api/2.0/fo/asset/host/vm/detection/) has been enhanced with the <IPV6> element to indicate the IPv6 address of hosts scanned.
Full release notes will be available to customers from within the Resources section of your QualysGuard account. To receive more information on QualysGuard 6.23, please visit the Qualys Community at https://community.qualys.com or contact your Technical Account Manager or Qualys' Technical Support Department at email@example.com.