A new release of Qualys, Version 8.2, includes an API update which is targeted for release in October 2014.
This API notification provides an early preview into the coming API changes in Qualys 8.2, allowing you to proactively identify any changes that might be required for your automated scripts or programs that utilize the API methods.
This release implements new capabilities for Control Criticality ratings in Qualys Policy Compliance. It includes several changes to XML and CSV output which could impact existing API implementations. There are also two new optional parameters for the posture API’s that will not impact existing implementations. Notification about other new API features along with additional details and examples will be posted at a date prior to the release.
Control Criticality is a new feature in Policy Compliance that provides ratings for controls, including the ability to customize ratings at the control level or at the policy. The API has been updated to include these data in API output.
Note: Control Criticality must be enabled in your account. By default, control criticality will not be enabled while we are updating the default criticality settings in the control library. If you are interested in this feature immediately, please contact Support or your Technical Account Manager.
For details about the changes, please see the attached detailed release notification below. Full release notes will be available to customers on the day of the release.
Summary of Changes:
- There are two new optional parameters added to the Compliance Posture Information API v2: criticality_labels, criticality_values.
- Control Criticality has been added to the following reports when downloaded to XML or CSV formats from the Report Share API or from the user interface: Compliance Policy Report, Individual Host Report
- CRITICALITY element was added to the following output DTD's
- posture info list output DTD (/api/2.0/fo/compliance/posture/info/posture_info_list_output.dtd)
- control list output DTD (/api/2.0/fo/compliance/control/control_list_output.dtd)
- policy list output DTD (/api/2.0/fo/compliance/policy/policy_list_output.dtd)
- policy export output DTD (/api/2.0/fo/compliance/policy/policy_export_output.dtd)
- compliance policy report DTD (compliance_policy_report.dtd)
- individual host compliance report DTD (individual_host_compliance_report.dtd)
- Control Criticality has been added to the XML output returned by:
- Compliance Control List API v2 (/api/2.0/fo/compliance/control/?action=list)
- Compliance Policy List API v2 (/api/2.0/fo/compliance/policy/?action=list)
- Import Compliance Policy API v2 (/api/2.0/fo/compliance/policy/?action=import)
- Export Compliance Policy API v2 (/api/2.0/fo/compliance/policy/?action=export
- CRITICALITY element has been added to the user defined control XML schema (ImportableControl.xsd) used to import and export user defined controls from the UI.